Complete Pregnancy Care
A ‘Meet & Greet’ appointment can be arranged in order to get acquainted and ask questions before committing to midwifery care. These appointments are arranged only if there is availability for your due date. Alternatively, a preconception visit may be arranged to discuss midwifery care and review factors important for a healthy pregnancy. Please contact us to make an appointment.
No Charge/No Obligation
A comprehensive package inclusive of all midwifery care from conception to six weeks postpartum.
- 24 hour availability of a midwife by pager
- Prenatal care (typically 10-13 visits)
- All lab work and ultrasound (these services are ordered by your midwife and are covered by Alberta Health Care)
- Access to an extensive ‘clients only’ online resource section
- Access to lending library (books & videos)
- Labour & birth care in hospital, home or birth center
- Postnatal home visits and clinic visits
- Extensive breastfeeding support
- Referrals to other professionals as needed
- (for example: Obstetrician, Paediatrician, Lactation Specialist, Psychologist and complementary practitioners)
Midwifery care is an insured service in Alberta. Midwifery services are funded by Alberta Health & Wellness as of April 1, 2009.
An hour long visit with a midwife to review factors important for a healthy pregnancy.
- Discuss midwifery care:scope of practice, philosophy, similarities and differences to medical care.
- Review diet & supplements
- Lifestyle issues with recommendations
- Physical exam, pap smear & cultures if indicated, lab work if indicated
- Personal & family health history review – referrals if indicated
- Fertility Awareness discussion
- Review of early pregnancy care choices
Many women prefer to visit a midwife for their well-woman care and often return to their midwife for an annual exam following the birth of their baby. We provide the following services:
|Annual Pap Smear||Cost: $35.00|
|Annual Pap Smear, breast exam & blood pressure check||Cost: $60.00|
|Full Physical, history, pap & breast exam||Cost: $100.00|